Personal Profile vs Business Page on Facebook
Do you have a business page on Facebook, but you’re not sure what to write? Don’t worry this is a common issue as social media is much more of a personal than a professional tool, so you can end up filling your business page with silly stories, images or videos that your friends would like rather than what your potential clients would want.
You need to try to separate your personal profile from your business page and think about the content as for two very different sets of people. Personal profile is for your friends, your business page is for your ideal customer. This means that every post you put up there should be designed to interest and engage your target customer and give them the best possible image of your company and your expertise.
Here are some questions to ask yourself before you post. If you can say yes to them all then go ahead and upload, if not maybe keep it for your friends’ eyes only!
- Do you think that the content would be interesting for your target client?
- Is there a link between the information and your product, service or company? This can be indirect link such as it’s about the town where you’re based, or that it’s in your industry, but it must be linked in some way.
- Is it in line with your company personality?
- Is it written in a respectful way which would not offend people?
- Is it helpful?
- Could it be viral? This one isn’t essential, but if you can try to post things with viral potential once in a while then it gives you potential for lots of shares and likes.
One final point to bear in mind, is do you have the rights to use images or information? If they are not yours make sure you credit the photographer or author or link to the original to ensure you’re using it in the right way.
The best thing to do is to create a posting plan and a block of content in one go to ensure consistent voice and message and then schedule them using a tool such as Hootsuite.
Shaw Marketing Services works with a number of clients on the Costa del Sol managing their social media accounts to make sure that their content is of high quality and supports their marketing objectives. We create posting plans, generate content and respond to comments and messages in a timely fashion on their behalf, so they can get on with the important job of running their business. Let us know if we can help you.